WOOD, PAINT, HEIGHT 78CM
This dramatic statue was originally part of a large and wonderful shrine configuration to depict the virtue of beauty. It has been in the possession of Nji Idriss Mbombo since 1951, and was kept at his second homestead in Jeneter near the Nigerian border since the time he acquired it in 1951. Some statues stand out for exquisite detail and finishing, while this one impresses with it’s simple raw power. It is in excellent condition.